background

Empty States

Hello Fellow Travelers,
There are still empty states which no one has claimed. So, if you would like to add more states the five you have already chosen, you may pick two more! Yep, Priscilla and Amy said you can now pick 7 states to travel in! But pick them quickly! This is a first-come, first-travel with them deal. To find out which states are still open either for two people or for one, visit the About the Trip page on the side.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day 18 - Texas

Day 18
Nov. 1
Corpus Christie, Texas
My Dear Miss Smith,

   I’m hoping my writing is legible enough for you to make it out. I’ve gotten so tired of not being able to write that I’ve decided to try writing with my right hand. My wrist is getting better but it will probably be several days before I can use it again. So this letter, I’m afraid, may not be very long as I don’t have a lot of time before bed and I am very slow with my right hand.
      As Levi said, we visited the aquarium this morning. It was a great learning experience! I’ve never been that close to sharks, stingrays, and all of the others!

      After lunch we headed to the South Texas Botanical Gardens. You know how much I love gardens and gardening so you’ve probably guessed that this is my favorite spot in Corpus Christi. 

      Fairly recently they put in a butterfly house. It’s amazing all the different kinds of butterflies there are! They were everywhere in the house! ‘Cilla was wearing her big hat with the bird on it which the butterflies seemed to delight in landing on! She decided to get a butterfly or two from the gift shop to adorn one of her hats.
      You would absolutely love the orchid greenhouse! They have about 2000 varieties there! It is amazing! I’m told it’s one of the largest orchid collections in the entire south!

      I think my favorite spot must have been the rose gardens. They have 300 rose bushes planted in 12 big raised beds. Right in the middle of them is a brick path, often called the “bridal path.” There is also a gorgeous pavilion there where people frequently have weddings. One of the favorite stories to tell about this area is that of two big javalinas walking down the bridal path (the workers are convinced that it was her idea)!

      We’d looked around in the gift shop when we first arrived but before we left we went back so Priscilla could get her butterflies. While there I found several gardening books that looked very interesting. Guess what I’ll be doing on some of the long drives now!
      Well, my hand is getting tired and ‘Cilla is ready to go to bed so I should probably join her.
~ Amy ~

1 comment:

Grace Mae said...

Hi Amy,

I'm so glad your hand is getting better. I can't wait to join you in Louisiana.

Best Wishes~