background

Empty States

Hello Fellow Travelers,
There are still empty states which no one has claimed. So, if you would like to add more states the five you have already chosen, you may pick two more! Yep, Priscilla and Amy said you can now pick 7 states to travel in! But pick them quickly! This is a first-come, first-travel with them deal. To find out which states are still open either for two people or for one, visit the About the Trip page on the side.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day 27 - Louisiana

Day 27
Evening
St. Francisville, LA
Dear Miss Smith,
Today was such a fun adventure. We went to visit Grandmother’s Buttons Museum.


Inside, we entered an old bank vault and saw the walls lined with buttons. Eight wall cases displayed thousands of antique fasteners dating from the 1760’s all the way through the 1940’s. 

One case held buttons that were finely crafted for men of the 18th century. 
Five cases were filled with buttons from the era of Queen Victoria.


Mom would have loved seeing them. She and I share the love for old fashioned things.

Mikayla and I were in awe at all the buttons there were. Miss Priscilla and Miss Amy enjoyed themselves too.

As we were leaving the gift shop, to my disappointment they didn’t sell any purses. 
Everything was lovely. I saw a watch for sale that Nanna would have loved but unfortunately it was out of my price range.

It’s getting late and I am supposed to cook dinner. Mikayla is out walking the dogs, and I am going to help Miss Amy cook.

Take care,
Grace Mae~ 


P.S. Miss Smith, this is Priscilla, now. Grace is allowing me the use of this last bit of her paper. I just wanted to mention what I purchased for my "50-State" hat. It is a lovely German glass cameo charm. It will remind me of the lovely plantations we have seen here in Louisiana. 

~ PDS

No comments: