background

Empty States

Hello Fellow Travelers,
There are still empty states which no one has claimed. So, if you would like to add more states the five you have already chosen, you may pick two more! Yep, Priscilla and Amy said you can now pick 7 states to travel in! But pick them quickly! This is a first-come, first-travel with them deal. To find out which states are still open either for two people or for one, visit the About the Trip page on the side.

Friday, March 2, 2012

Day 28 - Louisiana

Day 28
Nov. 8
Natchitoches, Louisiana
Dear Miss Smith,

Well, we’re finished in Louisiana. This week has been great! We'll be switching Grace and Mikayla for Natalie and Lydia tomorrow. We'll miss our LA girls but it'll be fun having the other two with us again.
Today we got up early and set off for Hodges’ Gardens.
It was beautiful! That’s all I can say! It's amazing what people can do with a barren, ruined land! Back in the 1800's the Gardens and thousands of acres of land around it was cleared of all of the trees. Then the Hodges bought 107,000 acres (the actual park was built on 4700 acres in the '50s) and began the process of rebuilding the beauty.



I wish we could have stayed longer but we had a several-hour drive to our next spot so had to hit the road after only and hour or so of wandering about the area.
Our next stop was Lasyone's Meat Restaurant but we had a long drive to get there. I gave up my front seat to Grace (who switched with Mikayla half-way along) and curled up in the back for a nap. I'm not sure why I was so tired but I was. So if you want to know what happened then you'll have to ask one of the other girls. I didn't wake up till we were just a little way away to Natchitoches and from what I've seen, that's when the trip got exciting.

Don't ask me how she managed it but 'Cilla got us LOST! The town isn't even very big! But after a little while of driving around we realized that she didn’t know where we were! Thankfully it wasn’t hard to find someone to give us directions and get us back on the right track. So we finally reached the Lasyone’s Restaurant.
I think that would have to be one of the cutest restaurants I’ve ever seen! 

We had an early supper there. Being in a meat pie restaurant, I didn’t feel right not getting the famous Lasyone’s meat pie so I got the Lasyone’s Famous Meat Pie Platter. 

Along with the meat pie there was salad and creamed potatoes. Grace got the Crawfish Pie platter. She says it was good but I’m not sure I could’ve gotten past the fact that I was eating CRAWFISH! Priscilla was feeling in a “steak mood” as she termed it (can you imagine that? ‘Cilla wanted STEAK!) so she got the Steakburger. I must admit it looked very good. Mikayla got the Homestyle Club. Club sandwiches are delicious, as I’m sure you well know. 
For dessert we tried the Cane River Cream Pie. That pie alone made the trip worth it! It was sooooo good!

After supper we found a good place to park the RV for the night before taking the dogs on a walk around town. This time we did not get lost but arrived safely back at the RV by dark. Right now the other girls are curled up on ‘Cilla’s bed laughing over some of the pictures we got on our walk. Priscilla says to tell you she will send them to you when we have internet so be prepared. Some of them are quite outrageous!
Sincerely,
~Amy


No comments: