background

Empty States

Hello Fellow Travelers,
There are still empty states which no one has claimed. So, if you would like to add more states the five you have already chosen, you may pick two more! Yep, Priscilla and Amy said you can now pick 7 states to travel in! But pick them quickly! This is a first-come, first-travel with them deal. To find out which states are still open either for two people or for one, visit the About the Trip page on the side.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Day 22 & 23 - Louisiana


Day 22
November 5
Abbeville, Louisiana
Dear Miss Smith,
I arrived safely at the airport. Miss Priscilla and Miss Amy met me there. I am so excited about this trip. I met Mikayla and got to know her as we flew in. We headed back to the RV for the night.


The next day we went to the Great Omelette Festival here in Abbeville, Louisiana. We arrived in the afternoon. They make the world’s biggest omelette. 




According to legend, when Napoleon and his army were traveling through the south of France, they decided to rest for the night near the town of Bessieres. He feasted on an omelette prepared by a local innkeeper which was so delightful that he ordered the people in the village to gather all the eggs they could to make a huge omelette for his army the next day.




We went to see the art booths. Mikayla and I stayed together while Miss Priscilla and Miss Amy walked around. There were so many things to see and do. I bought some homemade soap and a purse. If I told Mom she would say, "You bought another purse?" I guess I am addicted to them. I bought Mikayla one too.


Later, we headed back to the RV for a while. I played with the dogs some. I can tell you that Miss Amy’s hand looks better than I had thought. She is using it more. After supper we all turned in for the night.
Talk to you later and look forward to hearing from you. I bought you something at the one art booth. Miss Priscilla said you would love it. I’ll mail it to you soon.
Love,
Grace Mae~
Day 23
Nov. 6

Today we enjoyed the celebration. It all started with the members of the Omelette celebration marching down the streets to greet the crowd. After that they started to make the omelette.


They used 5,027 eggs this year, Isn’t that a lot? I thought it was. They have a big fire going underneath this big, big, metal skillet. It is a 12 foot pan!


They add the butter, chives, and then the eggs. When it is done they gave us all some samples with bread. It was delicious. After that we walked around and talked some.


Miss Priscilla said it was getting late, and we should head back to the RV so we can get to Nottoway Plantation.
Love,
Grace Mae~

No comments: