background

Empty States

Hello Fellow Travelers,
There are still empty states which no one has claimed. So, if you would like to add more states the five you have already chosen, you may pick two more! Yep, Priscilla and Amy said you can now pick 7 states to travel in! But pick them quickly! This is a first-come, first-travel with them deal. To find out which states are still open either for two people or for one, visit the About the Trip page on the side.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Day 7 - Oklahoma

 Day 7
October 23
Oklahoma
Dear Miss Smith,
I hope this letter finds you in the best of health! And I sincerely hope you are getting along without Priscilla. This is a subject which has concerned to great amounts. She’s not sure if you’re really getting along as well as you say you are, but thinks you’re just trying to make her relax. I’ve told her not to worry, that I’m sure you’re handling everything quite capably but she doesn’t seem to believe me.
We stayed last night at Cedar Rock Inn in Tulsa. That is one of the most beautiful Bed and Breakfasts that I have ever seen and I’m not exaggerating!
We stayed in the Cedar Suite which reminds me of an old-time ranch house with its rustic wooden walls and furniture!

After we finally turned out the lights it was some minutes before everyone settled down to sleep. Despite her comment about the three of us girls being giggly, I must say that Priscilla was just as bad about it! She kept us all laughing with her different stories and then blames us for not getting to sleep on time! Now really!
We did not leave right after breakfast (a meal worthy of the inn by all means) but explored the area more. I fell in love almost immediately with the library! You must know by now that I love books! I’ve told my family more than once that who ever I marry will have to like books because I’ve got a lot!
About mid-morning we drove to Lavender Hill Farm. It was amazing seeing all of that lavender growing out in the fields! They have about five varieties of lavender which they use for flower arrangements, soaps, candles, and scented oils, among other things.
There wasn’t much to see after walking through the lavender fields and visiting the gift shop. I bought some candles from the gift shop. One thing I have found, herb products make very good gifts. Priscilla bought each of us a lavender sachet which we all decided to store in our suitcases with our clothes.
Our next stop is Tiger Mountain Ranch Resort where we’ll be spending the night in tipis! Priscilla is driving right now with her usual opera music going. She is singing along with Lydia and Natalie. I’m really not sure if I shall survive the rest of this drive!
Sincerely,
Amy

1 comment:

Miss Smith said...

Dear Amy,
Please be assured that things are going quite smoothly here at home with Priscilla gone. Remind her that everything was just fine when she traveled all over in search of the Marshmallow Thief.
And, I fear you will either have to learn to enjoy opera or at least tolerate it if you wish to continue the trip. Perhaps you can find something new that you both will enjoy.
Looking forward to more letters.
~ Miss Smith