background

Empty States

Hello Fellow Travelers,
There are still empty states which no one has claimed. So, if you would like to add more states the five you have already chosen, you may pick two more! Yep, Priscilla and Amy said you can now pick 7 states to travel in! But pick them quickly! This is a first-come, first-travel with them deal. To find out which states are still open either for two people or for one, visit the About the Trip page on the side.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Day 45 - Florida

Day 45
Nov. 25
Hawks Cay, Florida
Dear Miss Smith,
    Yesterday was Thanksgiving and it did feel a little strange not being with our families. Instead we made each other family.
    Well, today we went to Hawks Cay Tropical Lagoon to swim with the dolphins. First we had to enter the outdoor classroom to get our instructions. That was educational but a little long. Priscilla and I enjoyed swimming, playing, and kissing the dolphins.

We got to spend 25 minutes in the water. I enjoyed splashing with the dolphins while we were in the water. Miss Smith, you would definitely love it here. I could spend all the time in the world in the water with them. Mikayla and Amy though, decided to stay on dry land and play with the dolphins instead.

    The Hawk Cay Resort Lagoon for dolphins was constructed in 1985. The purpose was to serve as a place for the bottlenose dolphins that seasonally preform all over the United States. Now the Dolphin Connection Company is independent under direction of the Messengers, who continue to carry on the tradition of breeding, education, and research.





    We all went on a boat ride where Mikayla and I got to go fishing.

Later, that day, Priscilla and Amy went snorkeling.



    After a nice lunch, we all decided to play tennis. I must tell you Miss Smith that I am not good at the game. It was great fun though. We all kept playing until we realized that it was nearly 5 o'clock. 
    I hope to that someday I can come again. Before we left, I hit the gift shop and can you guess what I found? Another purse! Mikayla was laughing because I couldn't decided between the duffel bag or the small handbag. I ended up getting the small handbag and a change purse for Mikayla. Priscilla found a pin for her hat, while Amy bought some postcards. 
    We all headed back to the hotel for supper. Now I am so tired and need to take it easy and get to bed.
Take care,
Grace Mae

P.S. I am going to send you a postcard soon with a picture from Dolphin Connections.

No comments: