background

Empty States

Hello Fellow Travelers,
There are still empty states which no one has claimed. So, if you would like to add more states the five you have already chosen, you may pick two more! Yep, Priscilla and Amy said you can now pick 7 states to travel in! But pick them quickly! This is a first-come, first-travel with them deal. To find out which states are still open either for two people or for one, visit the About the Trip page on the side.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Day 43 - Florida

Day 43
November, 23
Dear Miss Smith,
       I just wanted you to know what we have been doing. As Priscilla said in her last letter, they did forget about us for the time being. Mikayla and I were very worried but were so relived when we saw them coming.
      This morning we were at the Forest Capital Museum. There was so much to see.


    The museum is a structure made from Cypress and Pine wood with high beamed ceilings that are topped with a glass dome. I know I wouldn't want to be under that when it is storming outside for fear it could break.
     We saw the old Smokehouse and the Cracker House from the 1970's.

 Amy and Priscilla spent time looking around while Mikayla and I read the signs about each site. Mikayla and I loved the map that was carved with each out the counties on it. I think Priscilla was intrigued by the map and hope there was a picture of it.
    We also visited the gift shop where I found another purse. This time it had the Forest Capital Museum logo on it. I also found a pin for Priscilla's collection. Mikayla found some postcards to buy.

    After the museum, we headed to the Bok Tower Gardens. On the way we listened to Gilbert and Sullivan's "H.M.S. Pinafore". Amy didn't seem to enjoy it as much as Mikayla and I did.

    When we reached the Bok Tower Gardens we listened to a Carillon Bell concert. That was so much fun. I really enjoyed it. Everyone else loved it too.

    It is almost Thanksgiving. This time in the gift shop I found some postcards. I will send a couple home to my family for Thanksgiving. Priscilla found a cute, small bag and bought it for me. I will use it to hold my sock knitting project I brought along with me.
    Miss Smith, we did have a very enjoyable day but I am tired so I will end this now.

With Love,
Grace Mae

No comments: