background

Empty States

Hello Fellow Travelers,
There are still empty states which no one has claimed. So, if you would like to add more states the five you have already chosen, you may pick two more! Yep, Priscilla and Amy said you can now pick 7 states to travel in! But pick them quickly! This is a first-come, first-travel with them deal. To find out which states are still open either for two people or for one, visit the About the Trip page on the side.

Monday, August 13, 2012

Day 48 - Florida

Day 48
Nov. 28
Orlando, Florida
Dear Miss Smith,

Today was an exciting day for me. We got to go to the Kennedy Space Center.

Priscilla, Amy, Mikayla and I went to see a film in the I-Max Theater. It was called Space Station 3D. It was a very interesting film. The narrator was Tom Cruise.

Amy and Priscilla took the Cape Canaveral: Then and Now Tour. They got to relive the launch at Air Force Space and Missile Museum. It was America's first satellite.

Mikayla and I couldn't go since we are both under 18. We were dissapointed but decided to take another tour in the meantime.

We took the Kennedy Space Center Up Close: The Launch Control Center Tour.

We got to tour the inside of the Firing Room 4. It is one of the four firing rooms and the one from which all 21 shuttle launches since the year of 2006 were controlled. Mikayla liked that you could see the computer console where the engineneers monitored computerized launch control system's that checks every mintue leading up to the launch. There are thousands. I enjoyed the bubble room where its walls of interior windows through which the KSC management team views all the proceedings below. I must say that I had a hard time convincing Mikayla but after she got there she had to agree that she liked it.

We then met Priscilla and Amy for lunch. I decided to eat lunch with an Astronuat. Priscilla joined me while Amy and Mikayla ate at the Kenneday Space Center Dining Room.



Later that afternoon we went to the Astronaut Memorial. It was designated by President George Bush in May 1991. It is made of Black granite that is 42 foot high by 50 foot wide. Names of astronauts that passed away was incarved in the granite surface. That was a sight to see.


We hung around looking for the rest of the afternoon. I just had to hit the gift shop before we left. I bought all four of us girls a tote bag that says "I need my SPACE". Priscilla still can't figure out why I love bags and purses so much. To me, I can't figure out why she loves hats so much. Hats seem like a waste to me.



Well I must end this. Take care of yourself and talk to you soon.
Love,
Grace Mae

No comments: